#TDNJgiveaway | Instagram Competition
Please read these competition rules carefully. These competition rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this competition. If you take part in this competition or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you, and you agree that the promoter can assume that you have read and have agreed to be legally bound these competition rules.
- The promoter of this competition is Isipho Esihle Publications (Pty) Ltd with company registration number 2020/887164/07.
- In these rules we refer to Isipho Esihle Publications as “the promoter(s)”, or “us” or “we”. We will refer to participants, entrants, and winners as “you”.
How this competition works?
- The competition shall run on The Date Night Journal social media platform on Instagram. Look out for the relevant post on 25 November 2021.
- You can enter the #TDNJgiveaway competition, during the competition period, by following these steps:
- Share a photo or video of you and your partner with your copy of The Date Night Journal (ISBN-13: 978-0620905701)
(i) using the hashtag #TDNJgiveaway
(ii) tagging the Instagram handle of The Date Night Journal only.
(iii) your post description must include your favourite date night experience or something you like about The Date Night Journal
(iv) the post must be featured on the main feed, not on Instagram Stories. Your Instagram account will have to be set to public for the duration of the competition period.
- Follow these accounts on Instagram:
(i) Amberhall Guesthouse (@amberhallguesthouse)
(ii) Crawfords Beach Lodge (@crawfordsbeachlodge)
(iii) Dyme Beauty App (@dymebeautyapp)
(iv) Love Kinks (lovekinks_za)
(v) Human Bespoke (@humanbespoke_official_)
(vi) Julene Muller Photography (@julene.muller.photography)
(vii) Love Unboxed (@love.unboxed)
(viii) onthecase.co.za (@onthecase.co.za)
(ix) Personalised Memories (@memoriespersonalised)
(x) The Cooking Studio (@thecooking.studio.jhb)
(xi) The Date Night Journal (@thedatenightjournal)
- DYME Beauty
a 20% discount code valid from January – December
2022 (with the option of choosing one of the three treatments listed below):
- 60 min Couples full
body Massage (Swedish or Aromatherapy): R800
( including 20% discount) + R100 (call out fee) = R900 (Total fee for 2);
- 90 min Couples full body Massage
(Swedish or Aromatherapy):
R1000 (including 20%) + R100 (call out fee) = R1100 (Total fee for 2); or
- Couples Spa Manicure Pedicure: R960 (including 20%) + R100 (call out fee) = R1060.
- onthecase.co.za will sponsor one case file (including free delivery).
- Love Kinks will sponsor two standard satin pillowcases (including free delivery).
- Human Bespoke sponsors one paint and sip kit (including free delivery).
- Love Unboxed sponsors one Baby Waka box (including free delivery).
- Memories Personalised sponsors one matching pyjama set (including free delivery).
- The Cooking Studio sponsors one couple’s cooking class for date night valid from January to December 2022. At least two months’ notice for booking the cooking class is required. Your spot to attend a cooking class is subject to availability (therefore early booking is required).
- Amberhall Guesthouse sponsors one night’s free stay (bed and breakfast). Subject to availability. No booking is permitted during peak season. It is recommended that the winner books a month in advance to secure accommodation.
- Julene Muller Photography sponsors one couple’s photoshoot.
- The shoot will take place over a weekend at a venue agreed between photographer and winner (either in Blouberg, Cape Town or surrounds)
- The shoot needs to take place in the summer of 2021/2022.
- Shoot will include: 1 hour shoot on location with +/-50 edited high-res images sent via dropbox link.
- Crawfords Beach Lodge offers 2 nights stay including breakfast & dinner valid for 12 months but excludes the following periods 01 January – 5 January 2022 and 16 December – 31 December 2022. Accommodation is subject to availability (early booking is advised and it is recommended that the winner books one month in advance).
Important Dates and Times
- The competition period is from 25 November 2021 to 16 December 2021.
- Entries after 16 December 2021 will not be eligible.
- The winner will be announced on 23 December 2021.
How will the winner be chosen?
18. The winner will be selected by the promotor and its appointed guest judges. The winner will be selected based on quality and originality of their entry. This competition will be overseen by Broadway Professional Accountants.
How will the winners be notified?
- The winner will be notified directly via Instagram DM.
- The winner will also be announced on The Date Night Journal Instagram Stories and/or feed.
- The competition is open to any living, natural person who is 18 years or older, resident in South Africa.
- The following persons are not eligible to enter this competition:
- employees of the promotor, its agents, sponsors, and guest judges or anyone connected with the administration of this competition;
- the immediate families (i.e., parents, siblings, spouse, or children) of the promoter, its agents, sponsors, guest judges or anyone connected with the administration of this competition; or
- juristic persons.
- You may enter the competition using your Instagram Business account. Entrants may be requested to provide proof that they are the authorised account holder associated with an entry.
- Where your residency is not clear from your Instagram page, you may be requested to provide proof of residency.
- You may enter the competition as many times as you like.
- You and your partner are welcome to enter the competition on both your individual Instagram accounts.
Content of your entry
- Entrants may not inaccurately tag content, and such inaccurate tagging shall result in disqualification. Your entry may not:
1. contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion.
2. contain any content which may be harmful to Isipho Esihle Publications, its agents, sponsors, or guest judges.
3. infringe the intellectual property or other rights of Isipho Esihle Publications.
We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this.
- There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges involved in accepting the prizes.
- You are welcome to purchase your copy of The Date Night Journal for purposes of entering this competition.
- As a preventative measure to avoid bad faith, anyone who purchases a copy of The Date Night Journal during the competition period will not be permitted to return it for a refund.
- Entrants may be requested to provide proof of ownership of The Date Night Journal.
How will the prize be delivered?
- Prize deliveries are expected anytime from 01 January to 31 December 2022. It is recommended that the winner provides three months’ prior notice to the relevant sponsor (unless otherwise stated).
- The prizes will be delivered to the winner in a manner determined by the relevant Sponsor.
- The Promotor will not be responsible for any damaged prize items after signature of receipt and/or delivery.
- The Promotor and Sponsors cannot be held accountable for any delays caused due to operational issues of a courier company or any other circumstances outside of our control.
- You may be required to return a damaged product or prize to the relevant Sponsor. You can choose the appropriate method to return the damaged product or prize, at your own expense.
- The relevant Sponsor will replace a damaged product reported within 24 hours.
The winner’s responsibilities
- As a token of appreciation, the winner consents to having their picture taken by the relevant sponsor during their date night experience.
- The winner also consents to sharing a picture of themselves on date night with their prize to the relevant sponsor.
- Should the winner conduct themselves in a manner that negatively affects the reputation of Isipho Esihle Publications or any of the Sponsors including, the use of foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion they will forfeit their prizes.
- The winner will forfeit their prize should they unfollow any of the Sponsors during the period 01 January 2022 to 31 December 2022.
- The entrant releases the social media platform, Instagram from any liability in any respect.
Terms and Conditions
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.
- Isipho Esihle Publications reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the rules, terms and conditions of this competition at any time without prior notice.
- By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promotor for the purposes of the administration of this Competition to which the entrant has consented.
- The entrant’s consent to the Promotor, Sponsors or Guest Judges reposting their entries.
- All entries and intellectual property therein shall become the property of the Promotor. No compensation shall be paid to the entrants in this regard.
- In the event of any dispute relating to this competition, the decision of Isipho Esihle Publications (Pty) Ltd shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with a participant.
- In the event where the competition is cancelled or suspended all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against Isipho Esihle Publications, their employees, agents, partners, suppliers, sponsors, or promoters.
- Isipho Esihle Publications is not responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, unintelligible or incomplete network, internet and computer malfunctions, delays, failures and difficulties, or any condition caused by events beyond the control of Isipho Esihle Publications, which may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- By participating in the competition, you agree to release and hold Isipho Esihle Publications harmless from all losses, harm, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the competition or resulting from the participation in this competition, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Prizes are not transferable, refundable, or exchangeable for cash or otherwise.