This privacy statement describes how Isipho Esihle Publications collects and uses the personal information you provide to Isipho Esihle Publications. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. Isipho Esihle Publications is committed to protecting the privacy of users of its website and services. To better inform you of our policy concerning user privacy, we have adopted the following terms, which adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) 4 of 2013.
The information we collect
The personal information that we collect will depend on how you are using our Websites or services.
- To enable your access to our websites and services, we may collect information concerning the institution’s internet protocol address, your username and password, or other authentication methods.
- To facilitate your order through our Online Platform that facilitates the purchase of The Date Night Journal we may collect your name, delivery address, email address and transactional information. We collect but do not store your credit card details through a third-party service provider PayFast.
- In connection with your creation of an account, we collect your name, email address, username, and password, as well as other information you may provide.
- We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac), and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- We may collect personally identifiable information through correspondence you send to us through optional surveys and in connection with statements you may post on any related page on social networking sites.
Isipho Esihle Publications does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If it is discovered that we have collected PII from someone under 16 we will promptly delete that information.
Data Integrity; Use of the Information
We use the personal information collected in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was intended to be used: to enable your use of our Websites and services; to respond to your inquiries; for system administration, customer support, and troubleshooting purposes; for new product announcements and product updates; for service announcements; for sending newsletters; to improve the design of our Websites; to enable us to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use; and in aggregate form, to track and analyze site usage. Further, we may use your name, statement, comment, and affiliation in conference presentations, newsletters, and marketing and announcement materials where we have obtained your permission. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
For South African data subjects information on how to file a complaint or contact the Information Regulator is available here http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/ .